What is the Access Accelerated Open Platform?
The Access Accelerated Open Platform is a knowledge resource and dashboard that provides a centralized information repository of action on noncommunicable diseases (NCDs). It is designed to inform users about NCD programs, catalyze biopharmaceutical industry NCD action in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) and guide member companies and partners to adapt their work amid the COVID-19 pandemic. It was launched in 2018. While the platform no longer receives updates or new data, it continues to serve as a valuable resource, providing users access to all information and data gathered up until 2021.
Who is the Open Platform for?
Anyone interested in learning about global efforts to reduce the NCD burden by the biopharmaceutical industry, government bodies, NGOs, civil society, and people living with NCDs.
What will you find on the Open Platform?
The Open Platform provides visualizations and analysis of NCD-program information, peer-reviewed data and unique insights into the biopharmaceutical industry’s NCD programs between 2018 and 2021.
How does the Open Platform benefit users?
The Open Platform allows users to compare existing program initiatives and identify gaps, synergies and opportunities for action and avoid program fragmentation. With easy-to-understand interactive visualizations, the Open Platform supports capacity building, communications, advocacy, monitoring and evaluation.
What are some of the features of the Open Platform?
Users can search, retrieve, and report data on global NCD action more efficiently. Additionally, through the COVID-19 Portal update, users can get insights on how to adapt programs to meet the needs of people living with NCDs.
- Easy to use data upload and download functions
- Improved information search and advanced filters
- Interactive charts that dynamically change the dashboard with a single-click
- Automated data processing and management in the Centralized Information Repository
- Key technology upgrades enabling enhanced analytical capabilities, a focus on measurable indicators at different geographical levels and to provide customizable analytical portals
What is the COVID-19 portal?
In 2020, COVID-19 disrupted the status quo, impacting lives and economies alike. The COVID-19 Portal presents several analytical tools for providing strategic information to members and partners to facilitate the adaptation of their work to address the NCD-burden of LMICs considering the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note that the COVID-19 portal is no longer receiving updates or new data. The data presented was last updated in 2021.
What are the sources of the Open Platform?
The Open Platform used two main sources between the period 2018 and 2021 which worked with together with Access Accelerated:
- The Global Health Progress (GHP) provides self-published information from the individual companies of the biopharmaceutical industry. This data is the most recent information, directly updated on the GHP, which is not third-party verified.
- Access Observatory (AO) provides standardized information and data that has been collected and reviewed throughout each ongoing year by an independent partner (Boston University, 2017-2021)
How often is data collected and updated on the platform?
The Access Accelerated Open Platform is an archival resource, with the last update made in 2021.
Can the data from the platform be downloaded?
Yes, the data of every chart can be exported and used via the options icon (top right corner of each chart). All profiles (member, NCDs, country) will be available to export as a PDF. An option to share the visualized information via social media will be added.